North Caldwell, New Jersey is a quaint and very upscale suburb of New York City located in Essex County. New Jersey Monthly Magazine rated the town as one of the “Top 10 Best Places to Live” in the state.
This family-friendly town wasn’t always so well recognized, however. North Caldwell was once part of the Horseneck Tract (so named because it was in the shape of a horse’s neck and head); the area included the towns of Caldwell, Fairfield, Verona and others. In 1702, settlers purchased this 14,000-acre parcel from a Native American tribe. In the late 1800s, sections of Caldwell Township were incorporated by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature. This new portion of land was called North Caldwell as we know it today. In 1982, North Caldwell became a township and in 1992, became a borough. This is a type of New Jersey government that is used in many municipalities across the state.
This area is consistently ranked as one of the wealthiest towns in the country and most residents own their own homes here.
- North Caldwell was the filming location for the hit TV show, The Sopranos, where Tony Soprano and his family lived.
- The estimated median house or condo value in 2015 was $755,068
- The estimated median household income in 2015 was $192,977
Located in northwestern Essex County, NJ, North Caldwell is one of the county’s most beautiful towns, near all the major attractions and venues of northern New Jersey, such as the Meadowlands Sports Complex, Prudential Center and NJ Performing Arts Center. The town offers a variety of children’s camps and other recreational programs, a community pool, and a very active group (Seniors of North Caldwell) for older adults.
- North Caldwell’s neighboring municipalities are Little Falls, Caldwell, Cedar Grove, Fairfield and West Caldwell.
- The suburb of North Caldwell has a small population of under 10,000 (6,783 reported in 2014). The town covers a little over three square miles.
- Almost 90% of residents are homeowners and more than half of the residents are married families.
- North Caldwell is near Newark-Liberty International Airport and Essex County Airport is in nearby Fairfield, NJ.
- Beautiful Green Brook Country Club is located in town. The North Caldwell area also has abundant bike trails, walking areas and manicured parks.
The town is only 16 miles from Manhattan.
Trust Century 21 Cedarcrest Realtors In North Caldwell NJ To Buy Or Quickly Sell a Home or a Property At Best Local Market Value
As real estate experts in Essex County, NJ—with a Fine Homes & Estates specialty division—Century 21 Cedarcrest Realty is a real estate office that knows North Caldwell and surrounding towns very well. After all, we are located close by and have a team of real estate professionals trained in distinctive homes category. Discerning buyers and sellers want to know that their high-end home sale or home purchase is being handled by real estate agents who know and understand these types of transactions. That’s Century 21 Cedarcrest Realty.
Contact Century 21 Cedarcrest to list your North Caldwell home with our Fine Homes & Estates division, or to have our agents show you around one of northern New Jersey’s most beautiful towns
North Caldwell New Jersey’s official website
More info about North Caldwell New Jersey