West Caldwell, New Jersey is an upper-class New Jersey community located just outside New York City, New York. The town has been considered a great place to live for many years and has been named as one of the best places to live in New Jersey by NewJerseyFamily.com.
Homes in West Caldwell tend to price in the mid-$500s. The housing price range runs from lows in the high $300s to over $1 million. The real estate market in West Caldwell is fairly stable with brisk sales activity.
Residents of the West Caldwell area have access to several city resources, including parks, schools, and municipal services. The school district is shared with the adjacent town of Caldwell and operates as the West Caldwell-Caldwell school system. In the district there are seven different schools serving 2,600 students, including four elementary schools, a middle school, a high school, and a school for pre-kindergarten and special education. According to the district, over 90 percent of students in the West Caldwell-Caldwell school system go on to pursue higher education.
People who move to West Caldwell can attend the town’s annual Newcomer’s Night, which is held each October. At these meetings, new residents can learn about area services and meet their new neighbors.
West Caldwell, located in western Essex County, is a family-oriented suburb that offers its residents recreational and educational activities.
- West Caldwell covers 3,382 acres or 5.28 square miles.
- The population according to the 2010 census is 10,759.
- In 2015, the estimated media value of homes and condos was $522, 349.
- Mean sales prices of all housing units in West Caldwell is around $470,000.
- A section of West Caldwell borders Morris County. Neighboring towns are Caldwell, North Caldwell and Fairfield, NJ.
- West Caldwell is about 23 miles from New York City. Commuters can get train service into Manhattan from Montclair or take a bus to Newark and connect with the PATH or NJ Transit trains there.
Trust Century 21 Cedarcrest Realtors In West Caldwell NJ to Help You Buy or Sell a Home or a Property
Century 21 Cedarcrest Realty, located in neighboring Caldwell, NJ, specializes in Essex County real estate. We are happy to help you list your home for sale or find the perfect single-family home or condominium to purchase, whether as a first-time home buyer seeking a starter home in West Caldwell, a growing family looking for a larger home, or as someone who is downsizing and is attracted to the beauty and services available in the town. We’ll show you beautiful West Essex Park, provide information about the excellent school district, and tell you all about the great programs and services this upscale suburb has to offer. Contact Century 21 Cedarcrest Realty for a look around West Caldwell, NJ.