Online shopping and e-commerce work great for clothing and housewares—but what about a house?
Many people start their home buying journey with online searches, made easy today by multiple listing services that real estate brokerages like CENTURY 21 Cedarcrest Realty subscribe to. Once only accessible to real estate professionals, these MLS listings are now readily available to consumers. But once you find a house online you want, then what do you do?
The importance of representation for buyers and sellers
If you think working without a real estate agent is easy—on either the home buying or selling side of the transaction—you might want to think again. According to CENTURY 21 Real Estate, there are around 180 steps involved in every successful real estate transaction.
Direct-to-consumer sales of homes or commercial properties lack a critical element in the sale or purchase of real estate—representation by a real estate professional, someone who works in your best interest to get you to the closing as smoothly as possible. There’s a lot at stake, and no real estate agent means you won’t having someone guiding you through all the steps in a DIY transaction.
When you work with a real estate agent, especially one who’s backed by an experienced, respected brokerage, you get service from start to finish, adding tremendous value and peace of mind, step by step.
- Writing the contract of sale
- Buyer pre-qualifications
- Arranging and conducting showings
- Staging the home
- Pricing and marketing the property
- Preparing buyers to make a strong offer that will be accepted
- Presenting the buyer to the seller
- Negotiations between buyer and seller
- Mortgage pre-approval and follow-through on the loan
- Setting up home inspection and appraisal
For many consumers, this is the largest dollar transaction they’ll conduct in their lives. There are numerous details to track during this important person-to-person arrangement. Having an experienced third party to handle the details is a key to success.
At CENTURY 21 Cedarcrest Realty, we know what it takes to get buyers and sellers to the closing table, with annual service awards that recognize our commitment to our customers.
As a full-service real estate brokerage, we don’t skimp on service; rather, we invest in each transaction.
- We work closely with our buyers to show them how to structure a strong offer, which is especially important in a tight real estate market like North Jersey.
- We personally present buyers to sellers the old-fashioned way—with meaningful conversation.
- Our team will help stage your home or recommend professional home stagers to attract more prospective buyers.
- We set pricing at the right level for sale.
- We market your property to get the most people looking—from photos and videos to listings where they matter most.
- Follow up with all parties to keep the transaction moving forward – inspectors, lender, attorneys, etc.
- Coordinate the closing down and migration of utilities
When you work with CENTURY 21 Cedarcrest, you work with real estate agents who make sure every aspect of the process is set up, timed right, and followed through. As REALTORs we are also bound by a strict code of ethic and abide by the stated rules and regulations that protect buyers and sellers from illegal or unethical practices. If you’re on the market for a home or are preparing to sell yours, we’re here to help—every step of the way.